The Turbomed Xtern AFO is a game changing solution for people with drop foot. The Xtern will allow running, walking, and hiking in the mountains as long and as far as you want without any discomfort.
This ankle foot orthosis (AFO), was tested in many conditions, during many marathons, triathlons, endurance activities and adventures in the wild Canadian backcountry. Unlike conventional drop foot products, it can be fit on hiking footwear, winter or safety boots, as well as everyday footwear and sandals.
This device controls drop foot and allows easy plantar flexion.
The Xtern is secured outside the shoe to maximize comfort and prevent skin breakdown and rubbing injuries to the foot.
It can be changed from one shoe to another in a few seconds.
DROP FOOT MADE SIMPLE
Maximizing Functionality & Comfort
The TurboMed XTERN AFO is a revolutionary new treatment option for drop foot.
It’s unique patented design acts as an exoskeleton to the impaired limb and provides the user with unparalleled levels of function without discomfort or rubbing.
The XTERN is a custom build modular ankle foot orthosis (AFO) made from highly durable thermoplastic (limited warranty of 2 years).
It attaches to the outside of footwear and is quickly and easily interchangeable from shoe to shoe.
Unlike many other AFO’s, the XTERN does not prevent ankle plantar flexion or limit dorsiflexion, making it easier and much more comfortable.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Exoskeleton Design Fits onto the Outside of the Shoe
- No Skin Contact with Foot or Ankle
- Energy Return Due to Patented Design
- Easily Conforms to Uneven Ground and Slopes
- Highly Durable Thermoplastic (2 year warranty)
- Heat Adjustable (to change width and dorsiflexion strength)
- Easily Transferable from Shoe to Shoe
- Symmetrical Design, Fits both Right & Left Foot
- Easily Positioned to Invert or Evert the Foot if Required
- Inappropriate Footwear
- Gross Fixed Deformities of the Foot and Ankle
- Severe Spasticity (Hypertonicity)
- Quadriceps weakness
- Severe Proximal weakness
- Crouch gait
- Drop Foot & Dorsiflexion Weakness
- Peroneal Nerve Injury
- Charcot Marie Tooth (CMT)
- Stroke (CVA)
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Cerebral Palsy (CP)
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome (GBS)
- Motor Neuropathy
- Motor Neurone Disease (MND)
CAN BE USED WITH
- Trainers/Running Shoes
- Lace and Velcro-Fastening Shoes/Boots
- Walking Shoes/Boots
- Safety Work Boots/shoes
- Dress Shoes