The Infant Spinal Tap Solution
The innovative SMöLTAP infant positioning cradle was designed by physicians for a solution to a frustrating need in the infant spinal tap experience.
The SMöLTAP cradle helps redirect the care team’s focus from hold dependency to tap accuracy. The cradle improves the tap procedure by making the process more consistent and replicable, while decreasing stress to the infant and team.
- Baby upright, arched spine position, pelvis and spine in alignment
- Shoulders and hips square to spine
- Experienced “holder” no longer a necessity
- Opening for Binky + Kisses
- Shoulder “wings” hold baby stable at shoulders w/ out deoxygenating
- Replicable and consistent process
- Simplified experience lowers stress for Baby, Doctors, Nurses, Parents
- Possible reduced need for extended length of stay due to unsuccessful taps
How it Works
Babies cried more when we took them out than when we put them in.
–Dr. Natasha Collia, Toronto Sick Kids
SMöLTAP solves the entire problem with such a simple and obvious solution.
–Dr. Eric Biondi, Johns Hopkins
I have waited all my career for a device to make this procedure easier.
–Dr. James Callaghan, Seattle Children’s