A Game Changer solution for people afflicted by foot drop.
It will allow running, walking, hiking in mountain as long and as far as you want without any discomforts. This ankle foot orthosis (AFO), was tested in many conditions, during many marathons, triathlons, endurance activities and adventures in the wild Canadian backcountry. Unlike conventional foot drop brace, it can be fit on high hiking footwear, winter or safety boots.
This device controls foot drop and allow easy plantarflexion in order to keep maximal ankle range of motion and calf muscle strength.
It is affixed outside the shoe to maximize comfort and prevent skin breakdown, rubbing injuries to the foot.
It can be changed from one shoe to another.
The TurboMed XTERN AFO is a revolutionary new treatment option for drop foot.
It’s unique patented design acts as an exoskeleton to the impaired limb and provides the user with unparalleled levels of function without discomfort or rubbing.
The XTERN is a custom build modular ankle foot orthosis (AFO) made from highly durable thermoplastic (limited warranty of 2 years).
It attaches to the outside of footwear and is quickly and easily interchangeable from shoe to shoe.
Unlike many other AFO’s, the XTERN does not prevent ankle plantarflexion or limit dorsiflexion, making it easier and much more comfortable.
XTERN SEMI ASSEMBLED AFO FOR ORTHOTIC CLINIC
(PATIENT GET FULLY ASSEMBLED AFO READY TO USE)
|100100-SA-L||XTERN SEMI-ASSEMBLED FOOT DROP – LARGE|
|100100-SA-M||XTERN SEMI-ASSEMBLED FOOT DROP – MEDIUM|
|100100-SA-S||XTERN SEMI-ASSEMBLED FOOT DROP – SMALL|
|100100-SA-P||XTERN SEMI-ASSEMBLED FOOT DROP – PEDIATRIC|
Features & Benefits:
- Exoskeleton Design Fits onto the Outside of the Shoe
- No Skin Contact with Foot or Ankle
- Energy Return due to patented design
- Easily Conforms to Uneven Ground and Slopes
- Highly Durable Thermoplastic (2 year warranty)
- Heat Adjustable (to change width and dorsiflexion strength)
- Easily Transferable from Shoe to Shoe
- Symmetrical Design, Fits both Right & Left Foot
- Easily Positioned to Invert or Evert the Foot if Required
- Inappropriate Footwear
- Gross Fixed Deformities of the Foot and Ankle
- Severe Spasticity (Hypertonicity)
- Drop Foot & Dorsiflexion Weakness
- Peroneal Nerve Injury
- Charcot Marie Tooth (CMT)
- Stroke (CVA)Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Cerebral Palsy (CP)
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome (GBS)
- Motor Neuropathy
- Motor Neuron Disease (MND)
Can be used with:
- Trainers/Running Shoes
- Lace and Velcro-Fastening Shoes/Boots
- Walking Shoes/Boots
- Safety Work Boots/shoes
- Dress Shoes
AT-X: Xtern Assessment Tool
The AT-X (Assessment Tool) is an XTERN Adjustable Demo Brace for clinical evaluation. It will allows your patients to “Try It Now” and discover the ultimate comfort of XTERN foot drop brace.
Symmetrical design of AT-X will fit Right & Left and can be adjusted on any shoe size in 1 minute. (See Sizing Chart)
VIDEO AT-X PROCEDURE
AT-X TRIAL BRACES
AT-X Assessment Tool offers same dorsiflexion and mechanical efficiency as the final XTERN AFO.
Its dynamic dorsiflexion assistance will provide an incomparable fluid and natural walking gait pattern.
Suitable from 16 US – 2.5 US shoe size.
See sizing chart
- Large – AT-X Large: 109100-AT-L
- Medium – AT-X Medium: 109100-AT-M
- Small – AT-X Small: 109100-AT-S
- Pedatric – AT-X Pediatric: 109100-AT-P
Also available in Trial Kit (109100-TK-SML)
Includes 3 braces AT-X